At Pace we are committed to ensuring the privacy of your personal information. The following statement explains how we manage your personal information in accordance with the Privacy laws.
What your personal information is
Personal information is any information or an opinion (whether true or not) about you. It may range from the very sensitive (e.g. medical history or condition) to the everyday (e.g. address and phone number). It would include the opinions of others about your work performance (whether true or not), your work experience and qualifications, aptitude test results and other information obtained by us in connection with your possible work placements. Personal information includes sensitive information.
What sensitive information is
Sensitive information is a special category of personal information. It is information or opinion about your:
- criminal record;
- health or disability (at any time);
It includes personal information collected to provide a health service. Sensitive information can, in most cases, only be disclosed with your consent.
Who will be collecting your personal and sensitive information
Your personal and sensitive information will be collected by Pace for its own use in connection with your work placements.
How your information will be collected
Where practical we collect your personal information directly from you. We may collect personal information about you when you deal with us by telephone, letter, fax, e-mail, or visit our website. Personal and sensitive information will also be collected when:
- we receive any reference about you;
- we receive results of inquiries that we might make of your former employers, work colleagues, professional associations or registration body;
- we receive the results of any competency or medical test;
- we receive performance feedback (whether positive or negative);
- we receive any complaint from or about you in the workplace;
- we receive any information about a workplace accident in which you are involved;
- we receive any information about any insurance investigation, litigation, registration or professional disciplinary matter, criminal matter, inquest or inquiry in which you are involved;
- you provide us with any additional information about you.
Your information will be used
Your personal and sensitive information may be used in connection with:
- your actual or possible work placement;
- your performance appraisals;
- our assessment of your ongoing performance and prospects;
- any test or assessment (including medical tests and assessments) that you might be required to undergo;
- any workplace rehabilitation;
- our management of any complaint, investigation or inquiry in which you are involved;
- any insurance claim or proposal that requires disclosure of your personal or sensitive information.
Your personal and sensitive information may be disclosed to
- potential and actual employers and clients of Pace;
- our insurers;
- a professional association or registration body that has a proper interest in the disclosure of your personal and sensitive information;
- a Workers Compensation body;
- our contractors and suppliers – e.g. our I.T. contractors and database designers
- any person with a lawful entitlement to obtain the information.
If you do not give us the information we seek we may be limited in our ability to locate and secure suitable work for you;
Gaining access to information we hold about you
Subject to some exceptions which are set out in the National Privacy Principles (Principle 6 – Access and Correction), you have a right to see and have a copy of personal and sensitive information about you that we hold.
If you are able to establish that personal or sensitive information that we hold about you is not accurate, complete and up-to-date, we will take reasonable steps to correct it so that it is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
You can gain access to the personal information we hold about you by written request. A request for access to the personal information we hold about you or in relation to an inquiry about privacy should be sent to:
The Privacy Officer,
Pace Appointments Pty Ltd,
We will deal with your request to provide information within a reasonable time. We may seek payment for our costs of supplying you with this information.
Keeping your personal information up-to-date
If your personal information changes please contact us and we will endeavor to update and correct the information. We may also contact you from time to time to check the information is still correct.
Where you provide personal information via Job Seekers we wish to ensure it is accurate, complete and up to date. You may update your personal information at any time, to do so simply log into your Job Seekers account, and you will find options for editing the information you have submitted.
Security of your personal information
Your personal information may be stored in hardcopy or electronically. We have security procedures in place to protect your personal information.
When you access our website
When you access our website, we gather information about all of our users collectively, such as what areas users visit most frequently and the services users access the most. We only use such data anonymously. This information helps us to continually improve our recruitment and web based services.
About the information you provide via our website
Without your consent we do not disclose information about your individual visits to the Pace website to any outside parties, other than to our related entities or where the law requires it.
Pace is committed to:
- Provide excellence in service, as embodied in this Code of Practice, at all times.
- To operate with integrity, honesty, and abide by the RCSA Code for Professional Conduct.
- Abide by the provisions of all relevant legislation in the conduct of our business, while actively promoting equal opportunity employment and anti-discriminatory practices.
- Maintain client and candidate confidentiality at all times, until clearance or disclosure has been authorised.
- To honor our commitment to diversity as reflected in our employment practices, including recruitment, retention, talent identification, development, remuneration, succession planning and flexible work arrangements.
Our aim has always been to become a “Recruiter of Choice” by providing a fair and equitable process.