6 Month Purchasing / Procurement Contract
- Posted: 6/20/2019
- Ref No: NGS2000179
- Temporary / Contract
- Australia - NSW
Our client within the Defence & Aviation industry is seeking a high calibre Purchasing / Transactional Procurement Officer to join their procurement team.
Reporting to the Procurement Operations Manager this position is responsible for the transactional processing of the purchasing of materials specialising in the defence sector. The key responsibilities of this role will include however are not limited to:
- Commercial purchasing / procurement experience
- Receiving internal demands and requisitions for both goods and services
- Analysing spend / supplier data
- Raising National purchase orders
- Expediting & confirming order receipt and passing on to accounts payable for payment processing
- Ability to think through problems logically
- Make recommendations as to source of supply and value for money outcomes
- Manage documentation, records and data through system
- Familiarity with defence systems such as MILIS, DRN, ROMAN or OBJECTIVE
You will display the ability to process problem solving logically, exceptional attention to detail with outstanding organisation and communication skills. A background working within the defence or aviation sector is imperative along with proven experience in a transactional purchasing role in the past. Strong management and peer support is in-place, as is systems and tools and training will be provided along with any required shared knowledge of process and requirements for the role.
To qualify for this position you are required to be an Australian citizen or resident.
To express your interest in this role, please submit a resume through this link or by email to email@example.com but please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. All applications will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
After noticing a gap in the market for international trade and supply chain recruitment in 1990, Pace Appointments Pty Ltd has since been dedicated in delivering optimal employment solutions for supply chain clients and candidates. We have cultivated strategic partnerships with client and candidate alike, across a varied range of industries, to identify their strategic growth plans. To have a confidential conversation with one of our consultants please call us on 02 8377 9533 to find out how we can help you.
professional and consultative excellence