Accountant (International Logistics)
- Posted: 4/23/2021
- Ref No: TRS8847
- Melb - Western Suburbs
- Make this Role Your Own!
- Successful, Innovative International Logistics Company
- Melbourne (Western Suburbs)
Our client is a very well-established Australian owned international logistics company who offer end to end supply chain solutions to a diverse client base through their international air and ocean freight forwarding services, inhouse customs clearance team and chain of state of the art 3PL centres. An opportunity has arisen within their head office (Melbourne) for a commercially minded, solutions-oriented Accountant to join the Finance Team in an integral post.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, this position will see you combining your accounting experience and sound understanding of the freight forwarding/supply chain industry to manage the financial and administrative requirements of a multi-faceted international logistics business. Key areas of responsibility will include:
- Monthly and annual financial reporting
- Credit management
- Cash flow management / control
- Payroll management
- Ensuring accounts payable functions and payments are made within the correct terms
- Ensuring the business complies with regulatory authorities (ATO, Superannuation, WorkCover)
- Ensuring all statutory reports are lodged within the required time frames
- Maintaining the Fixed Assets Register
- Preparation of all consolidated draft financial reports for external auditors
- Preparation and lodgement of company tax returns
This position will compliment a highly experienced and stable finance team who work collaboratively and encourage input from their colleagues.
To be considered for this position, applicants must have a tertiary qualification in accounting coupled with relevant experience gained specifically within the international freight forwarding or logistics industry. This is a full time permanent position and is only open to Australian residents. Hours of work: 8:30am to 5:00pm Monday to Friday
To apply, please phone Ruzica on 03 9335 4111 or email your CV to email@example.com
Job Reference: TLP8847
professional and consultative excellence