Business Development Manager
- Posted: 9/9/2021
- Ref No: 783796
- Australia - NSW
- WFH Flexibility
- International Trading company
- Immediate start available
A very impressive opportunity for an experienced Business Development Manager with commodity knowledge & experience in chemicals and energy to join this long established global trading house.
Reporting directly to the department manager and working closely with senior management you will be an integral member of a highly experienced, focused and professional team.
This role is a newly created position and the core responsibilities will be the identification of strategic development of new business opportunities and conversion of long term sustainable business within defined market segments.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Manage nominated business line performance objectives and contribute to the growth of the company
- Exhibit strong business development fundamentals and business risk management control
- Initiate new trading based business development pipeline of opportunities and business case preparation
- Investigate investment business opportunities to commercialisation stage and integration into departmental P&L
- Preparation of monthly KPI reporting
- OHS / EHS Management with contractors and stakeholders
- Business solution provider growth in all related businesses focusing on Energy/Coal and Chemical market segments with a specific focus on business development and the implementation of new business lines within the company
- Financial analysis and reporting of specific business line performance indices
- Provide advice into improving core business products services, changes in commercial policies to ensure optimum profitability for the company
- The development and management of all related contractual commercial/logistical arrangements.
To be considered applicants must possess:
- University graduate level, Business & Technical qualifications / background
- Commercial Marketing and Operational experience in the Petroleum, Chemicals, Energy and downstream Coal technology industries
- Well-developed network of senior management and strategic business decision makers in these industries, along with professional services/investment/commodity firms
- The ability to demonstrate tactical & strategic skills
- Operational management
- Ability to adhere to compliance policies
- Ability to manage and maintain close relationships with senior management and other business units within the organisation
- Driven, assertive, enthusiastic and highly proactive within new business development
Ideally you will also have:
- Minimum of 5 years in business, marketing, or trading associated with the chemical / energy industry
- Strong understanding of the customer, market dynamics and requirements
- Strong, astute commercial and business acumen
- Ability to contribute into a high performing team structure
- Business development experience with direct S.E Asian exposure
- Stakeholder Management
- P&L responsibility
If you feel you could be the right fit for this role, please apply via the link or send us and email at email@example.com for more information. If you’re looking for a different role within our specialties and wish to engage our services, we’d love to hear from you. If you wish to discuss this role confidentially or other roles that we are currently recruiting for, please contact us on 03 9620 4000 or visit www.paceappointments.com.au. Note all applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
Pace (VIC) Pty Ltd are the experts when it comes to our four specialties: Manufacturing & Technical Operations, Procurement, Sales & Customer Service and Supply Chain & Logistics. Founded in 1990, we have over 30 years of proven success in placing candidates in exciting and relevant roles. Our team is dedicated to working with forward-thinking and inclusive workplaces to find them top talent.
professional and consultative excellence