Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
- Posted: 11/18/2020
- Ref No: CBD2694
- Melb - Central Business District
The nature of this role will be to refine and develop financial strategy and processes to create a best practice benchmark on how our client will operate.
You are more than just a number cruncher! You will be keen to absorb yourself in ensuring the success of every department with a focus on achieving financially optimal outcomes. You are a CA/CPA qualified Finance Professional with significant experience as a CFO of small/medium sized organisations. You have in-depth experience with driving business performance and are comfortable with your skillset. You have a leadership style that will align with working as part of a team as well as having the autonomy to work independently. You will bring to the role strong commercial acumen, vision for growth, and a passion for sound governance.
- Budgeting and building a strong business plan: co-ordination, discussion and preparation, together with line managers and CEO, development of comprehensive and actionable budget and business plan
- Financial reporting: preparation of monthly/periodic management reports with key financial items, operating statistics, and business updates; financial and business results monitoring; ad hoc special reports, analyses, etc
- Cash flow and financial management: day-to-day management of cash flow, banking/borrowing facilities & financial commitments etc;
- Data analysis and reporting: collect, review, and validate financial and operating statistics to ensure reporting integrity and accuracy;
- Annual audit and periodic reviews: work with the company auditor to complete annual audit, as well as periodic reviews;
- Tax planning, calculations and reporting
- Strategic initiatives: assist in origination and execution of potential strategic partnership, investment, and/or financing activities as initiated by the CEO
- MD special assignments: execute special/financial projects as assigned by the CEO
- Strategic planning and financial modelling;
- Preparation of the annual Budget & quarterly re-forecasts
- Effective working capital management
- Management of all financial reporting processes
- Managing the groups risk and compliance including ensuring the company meets all financial, statutory and other compliance obligations
- Business Analytics and forecasting
- Ensuring IT systems and technology meet the business needs
- Banking and funding relationships management
- Treasury and foreign exchange
- Understanding US GAAP- Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and IFRS “International Financial Reporting Standards” with additional exposure via New Zealand, UK, Europe and US operations Ideal but not essential
What you'll need to succeed
You'll have proven experience in a fast-paced retail & consumer goods, manufacturing or FMCG environment, as well as having previously lead corporate strategic development.
You'll also need:
- A minimum 8-10 years of experience in a senior financial/CFO and managerial position, ideally in a consumer products sector company - preferably with prior experience/accounting training
- Experience in working with private equity investor and M&A “Merger and Acquisitions” and tax structuring is a plus;
- An Australian CPA qualification;
- Expert level in Microsoft Excel and other accounting software
- A tertiary business or commerce degree
- Strong financial planning and analysis skillset
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience leading the finance function at the highest levels
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Strong business / commercial acumen.
If you believe your experiences matches our client's requirements then hit the APPLY link today!
professional and consultative excellence