Customer Service & Operations Professional
- Posted: 8/13/2019
- Ref No: NGS2000289
- Australia - NSW
- Leading freight & logistics provider offering bespoke services
- Beautiful office environment with onsite parking available
- Newly created position due to growth
Our client is a successful privately owned international freight and logistics firm who continue to grow from strength to strength. Providing bespoke door to door supply chain solutions to their global client base including air and sea freight forwarding, customs brokerage, warehousing, transport and logistics, they have gained the reputation of being highly personalised and pride themselves on offering flexible logistics solutions. Their internal systems are paperless and offer their clients up to date tracing and tracking.
Due to growth there a position is now available for a suitable experienced Client Services & Operations professional.
This position will see you responsible for your own portfolio of clients to ensure the smooth handling of their service & operational needs – Approximately 60% Client Services & 40% Operations.
Responsibilities will include:
- Ensure ongoing and consistent client satisfaction through effective and efficient management of customer enquiries
- Face to face client visits and relationship management
- Handling Import & Export Operations
- Establish and maintain rapport and long term sustainable partnerships with all customers and key stakeholders
- Prompt attention to customer quote requests and routing instructions
- Liaising with service providers to request rate and service information
- Data entry and maintaining of client records
- Order management and maintenance of status reports / shipment updates
And of course, general client account management and customer service - ensuring your clients are well looked after, their expectations met, and any problems solved promptly.
To be successful with your application, you must have a minimum of 2 years’ recent experience within the international freight forwarding industry in a Customer Service capacity and or Operations. Excellent communication skills, positive professional attitude and a desire to succeed are essential to your success as well as previous experience with EDI Enterprise software.
All applications will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
After noticing a gap in the market for international trade and supply chain recruitment in 1990, Pace Appointments Pty Ltd has since been dedicated in delivering optimal employment solutions for supply chain clients and candidates. We have cultivated strategic partnerships with client and candidate alike, across a varied range of industries, to identify their strategic growth plans. To have a confidential conversation with one of our consultants please call us on 02 8377 9533 to find out how we can help you.
professional and consultative excellence