- Posted: 1/10/2018
- Ref No: BNE1418
- Brisbane - All
- Customer focused, personalised service
- Excellent team environment and supportive management!
- Convenient north side location, onsite parking
Our client is an industry leader who prides themselves on developing and implementing customised freight and logistics solutions. With an established global network and loyal client base including some of Australia’s best loved brands they are a force to be reckoned with in their specialised field.
Due to company growth, an opportunity has now arisen for a self-motivated Compiler / Classifier to join this progressive team.
Your responsibilities will include -
- Compilation and classification of customs entries for various clients and commodities
- Accurate capture of relevant shipping data
- Communicating with customers and overseas agents to follow up on required documentation and information
- Liaison with appropriate government bodies regarding clearance of goods
- Verify accuracy of entries prior to lodgement of customs entries
- Compliance with customs and AQIS legislation
- Providing additional support to customs brokers as required
You will have approx. 2 years’ experience in a similar role with proven history of working within Australian Customs processes and protocols. A thorough understanding of documentation and regulatory requirements, excellent verbal written and communication skills along with a high level of attention to detail are essential to your success.
If you are aspiring to become a Customs Broker or are currently studying the Customs Course, this supportive environment where you will work side by side with an experienced Customs team will ensure you take that next step in your career with confidence.
Newly licensed Customs Brokers are also encouraged to apply.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join multinational operation where customers’ needs don’t get lost along the supply chain! All resources and an established overseas network are in place to assist you in your day to day duties. Build your career in the international freight forwarding arena with a company that is committed to continuous improvement and support ongoing growth and development.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS IS A VERY SPECIALISED INDUSTRY AND ONLY CANDIDATES WITH EXPERIENCE WORKING IN A CUSTOMS OPERATIONS/ FREIGHT FORWARDING ENVIRONMENT WILL BE SHORTLISTED.
Interested? Please give Melinda Butts a call on 07 3630 2300 or alternatively email your CV to email@example.com
Pace Appointments (Qld) Pty Ltd is a specialist recruitment solutions provider to the Procurement, Contracts, Supply Chain, Logistics, Freight Forwarding, Customs, Shipping, Manufacturing, Import/ Export, Purchasing, Mining and Resource Sectors
Please note only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
professional and consultative excellence