Import Air Officer (International Freight Forwarding)
- Posted: 8/12/2019
- Ref No: TAJ8470
- Melb - Western Suburbs
- Minimum 12 months Freight Forwarding Experience Required
- Fantastic Career development opportunities
- Western Suburbs Location
Our client is a highly regarded, very well-established international freight forwarder and logistics company. They offer end to end supply chain solutions to a diverse client base through their air and ocean freight forwarding services, in-house customs clearance team and chain of 3PL centres.
Due to business growth a new opportunity has arisen for an import air officer to join their vibrant imports team. This position will suit someone who has recently completed a freight forwarding trainee-ship or has been working within import operations for a minimum of 12 months and is now looking take the next step in their career. Reporting directly to the Import Air Manager, your day will include but not be limited to:
- Registering import airfreight jobs into CW1
- Lodging air cargo automation
- Liaising with airlines and other service providers for incoming cargo
- Ensuring all information is accurately recorded into Cargowise One,
- Checking and troubleshooting on any delays with air freight arriving in to Melbourne
- Ensuring the cartage team have all necessary information to enable the swift delivery of cargo once it has been cleared.
PLEASE NOTE: This is a full time permanent position. Applicants must have recent experience handling import air freight operations within an international freight forwarding environment, and experience using the Cargowise One operating system is highly preferred.
To apply, please phone Amber on 03 9335 4111 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Reference: TAJ8470
professional and consultative excellence