Import / Export Operations – Customer focused role
- Posted: 1/7/2020
- Ref No: BNE2040
- Brisbane - All
- Successful integrated logistics provider with strong international presence
- Variety, client interaction and friendly team vibe
- Great opportunity to showcase your skills
Proudly Australian owned, our valued client is a successful International Forwarder who provides a complete range of supply chain solutions within import / export forwarding, customs clearance and consultancy, transport, warehousing and distribution across all major trade lanes throughout the world. With a well-established network, innovative technology and a dedicated team of experienced professionals they have gained a reputation as one of the best in their specialised field.
An opportunity is now available within their Brisbane branch for a suitably experienced Operations All-rounder to join their team in client focused role.
You will be responsible for the movements of import, export, air and seafreight across multiple trade lanes and various cargo types. Enjoy the variety of an end to end operations role where no two days are the same!
Duties will include:
- Issue quotes and negotiate competitive rates
- Coordination of freight movements for both Air and Sea shipments while working closely with overseas partners and key customers
- Processing export documentation, bookings, source rates, liaison with airlines and shipping lines
- Import registrations, lodging cargo automation, track and trace and invoicing
- Liaise with AQIS, customs and other relevant parties
- Coordination of cargo collection and deliveries from Cargo Terminal Operators, suppliers, consignees and agents
- Build and maintain strong relationships with clients, provide a high level of customer service and ensure client requirements and service levels are met
- Accountability for maintaining specific KPI tasks
To be considered for this position you must be a dynamic team player with the drive to succeed and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment. Highly developed communication skills, self-motivation and strict attention to detail are essential to your success.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a confident, can do freight forwarding professional with a passion for customer service. Previous experience in a similar role is essential, as well as the ability to work independently and think on your feet.
Interested? Please give Melinda Butts a call on 07 3630 2300 or alternatively email your CV to email@example.com.
Pace Appointments (Qld) Pty Ltd is a specialist recruitment solutions provider to the Procurement, Contracts, Supply Chain, Logistics, Freight Forwarding, Customs, Shipping, Manufacturing, Import/ Export, Purchasing, Mining and Resource Sectors
Please note only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
professional and consultative excellence