Import Operations – Sea Focus
- Posted: 3/13/2019
- Ref No: BNE1747
- Brisbane - All
- Highly regarded specialist firm, Extensive worldwide network
- Great team vibe, Opportunity for cross training
- Modern offices, Convenient southside location
If you are confident in your ability to handle all aspects of import ocean freight operations but feel ready to take that next step and diversify your skills a little, then this is the role for you!
Our client is a highly-regarded freight and logistics business who provide a complete range of integrated supply chain solutions to service their diverse customers shipping and freight management needs. Due to continued growth and success they are fast becoming a globally recognised leader in their specialised field. An opportunity now exists for an experienced Import Operator to join this successful team.
This position will see you responsible for managing the movements of import sea freight shipments in a profitable and competitive manner.
Duties will include:
- Customer Service functions via phone and email
- Timely and accurate registration of import documentation in line with company processes
- Communication with overseas offices & agents
- Sending pre-alerts / arrival notices and completing charges
- Liaison with Australian Customs, Quarantine, Carriers and other relevant parties
- Customs formalities including cargo automation and underbond lodgements
- Timely release of EDO’s
- Coordinating container unpack with the warehouse and release of cargo. Arrange de-hire of empty container
- Sending outturn reports
- Timely deployment of documents for customs clearance
- Coordinate and monitor cargo deliveries, ensure requirements and schedule times are met
- Approving of vendor's invoices
- Completing profit & loss, EOM and finalising files
- Working within strict timeframes, ensure all department KPI's & SOP's are met to management's standards
To be considered for this position you will be a team player with a positive attitude, the drive to succeed and ability to work in a fast-paced environment. You will possess excellent communication skills, high attention to detail and a great work ethic. Proven Import Operations experience within the freight forwarding industry is essential along with experience in EDI/Cargowise.
This is a fantastic career opportunity for an enthusiastic individual who is looking for something a little different from the average import role.
Interested? Please give Tegan Chevell a call on 07 3630 2300 or alternatively email your CV to email@example.com
Pace Appointments (Qld) Pty Ltd is a specialist recruitment solutions provider to the Procurement, Contracts, Supply Chain, Logistics, Freight Forwarding, Customs, Shipping, Manufacturing, Import/ Export, Purchasing, Mining and Resource Sectors
Please note only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
professional and consultative excellence