International Forwarding Operations Manager
- Posted: 5/14/2019
- Ref No: TLP8394 International Forwarding Operations Manager
- Melb - Central Business District
- Highly Regarded International Freight Forwarder
- Recent Management Experience Essential
- Melbourne Location. Commence August 2019
With company owned offices across Europe, USA, Asia and Australia, our client is well placed to offer complete supply chain solutions to a truly global client base. Their Australian branches provide air and ocean freight forwarding, in-house customs clearance, 3PL/warehousing and national distribution services to a broad range of importers, exporters, retailers and wholesalers.
An opportunity has arisen within their Melbourne branch (head office) for a suitably experienced individual to join their team in this integral senior level post. Reporting to the General Manager, key areas of accountability will include:
- Overall management of the Import and Export departments to include Operators and Supervisors
- Ensuring the Operations Department performs in accordance with SOPs and KPIs
- Implementation of Regional Policies
- Reviewing job and volume reports to monitor cost, sales, gross profit, and assess volume development and departmental resources
- Developing new ideas to maximize operations and profitability
- Conducting regular meetings with Subcontractors for Tariff Maintenance, New Contracts and Service Performance reviews
- Communicating goals and directions and motivating team members
- Participating in joint sales calls
- Managing unresolved complex issues escalated by the Operations Supervisors
- Supervisory support function in the absence of the Operations Supervisors
This is a full time permanent position based in Melbourne.
- As the go to person for the Operations Supervisors, it is essential that you are confident in your international freight forwarding knowledge, and are confident to lead a large team
- Applicants must have recent management experience gained specifically within the international freight forwarding industry
- This position will commence in August 2019 however interviews are commencing in June.
To apply please phone Lisa on 03 9335 4111 or email your CV to email@example.com
All inquiries are treated in complete confidence.
Job Reference: TLP8394
professional and consultative excellence