Operations all rounder
- Posted: 11/5/2018
- Ref No: BNE1653
- Brisbane - Northern Suburbs
Our client is a globally recognized freight and logistics firm who provide a complete range of integrated supply chain solutions to service their diverse customers’ shipping and freight management needs.
An opportunity has arisen within their Brisbane branch for a suitably experienced Operations All-rounder to join their team in client focused role.
As an operations all-rounder, you will be responsible for the movements of import, export, air and seafreight across multiple trade lanes and various cargo types. Enjoy the variety of an end to end operations role where no two days are the same!
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Issue quotes and negotiate competitive rates
- Coordination of freight movements for both Air and Sea shipments while working closely with overseas partners and key customers
- Processing export documentation, bookings, source rates, liaison with airlines and shipping lines
- Import registrations, lodging cargo automation, track and trace and invoicing
- Liaise with AQIS, customs and other relevant parties
- Coordination of cargo collection and deliveries from Cargo Terminal Operators, suppliers, consignees and agents
- Build and maintain strong relationships with clients, provide a high level of customer service and ensure client requirements and service levels are met
- Accountability for maintaining specific KPI tasks
To be considered for this position, you MUST have previous operations experience within the International Freight Forwarding industry. This role calls for a driven, enthusiastic operator, looking for an opportunity to advance their career and take advantage of this rewarding learning experience. The successful candidate will have excellent communication skills, as well as a strict attention to detail. Self-motivation and the ability to prioritize will also be essential to succeed in this fast-paced environment.
If you are looking for an opportunity to step out of your comfort zone and step up into a role full of variety, this is the role for you. You will be rewarded with a supportive learning environment to fast track your career and industry knowledge base, as well as access to a comprehensive global network spanning over 200 International locations.
Interested? Please give Eliza Chudleigh a call on 07 3630 2300 or alternatively email your CV to email@example.com
Pace Appointments (Qld) Pty Ltd is a specialist recruitment solutions provider to the Procurement, Contracts, Supply Chain, Logistics, Freight Forwarding, Customs, Shipping, Manufacturing, Import/ Export, Purchasing, Mining and Resource Sectors
Please note only short-listed candidates will be contacted
professional and consultative excellence