- Posted: 9/16/2020
- Ref No: 613967
- Melb - South East Suburbs
- NPD focus
- Mandarin speaking skills desirable
- Must have experience dealing with Smart products
Our client is a well known wholesaler of niche electrical products looking for a well-versed Product Manager to handle their product portfolio whilst also developing strategic departmental plans. The role holistically involves the introduction of products into the market from conception to marketplace.
Reporting to the Product Development Manager the functional requirements of the role include the following responsibilities:
- Portfolio Management: maintaining and preparing product strategies for existing portfolios and ensuring that products are priced properly. You will further review market performance through liaison with the sales team and monitor supply and supplier performance.
- New Product Development: sourcing effective new suppliers from both a quality and cost perspective, engage engineers and graphic artists to bring concepts to life and conduct market research to develop attractive products.
- Market Analysis: provide a deep understanding of trends within your allocated portfolio on an international scale, inclusive of competitor analysis.
- To be successful it is mandatory that you have a background in electrical products; whether in the security, lighting or smart categories (highly regarded).
Additionally you must be:
- An excellent communicator
- Proficient skills with Excel Worksheets
- Mandarin speaking (ideal, but not imperative)
- Available for overseas Travel to China 2-3 times per annum
- Knowledgeable / have skills in WiFi, Bluetooth, Mesh Networking, Zigbee, Zwave Platfoms
- Knowledgeable of Google, Amazon Aleksa and IFTTT protocols
- Experienced with Mobile App setups and maintenance, Pairing of device, and testing procedures.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a friendly team environment committed to growing market share so if you meet the above requirements and are ready to prove yourself in a varied product facing role we want to hear from you! Hit the APPLY link or email your resume to email@example.com today.
professional and consultative excellence