- Posted: 9/14/2021
- Ref No: 789891
- Melb - Northern Suburbs
- Melbourne`s Northern Suburbs
- Proven purchasing and forecasting knowledge (2 years minimum)
- Successful and rapidly growing private business
An opportunity to join a leading importer, that is experiencing year on year growth within their purchasing team. Reporting directly to the Operations Manager; this role will allow for the right candidate to work autonomously in a growing and changing marketplace which will require a high level of involvement across most departments in the business as well as being involved in all procurement and import operations.
This position will include but not limited to:
- Monitoring inventory and stock levels;
- Analysing and preparing forecasts;
- Monitoring the import shipping process;
- Raising purchase orders both on a domestic and international scales;
- Maintaining good relationships and liaising with external suppliers, stakeholders and 3PLs
Our client is therefore seeking an enthusiastic, hardworking, and driven individual that has been exposed to the end-to-end supply chain process; however, is wanting to expand their knowledge with the possibility for career growth in the future.
- Minimum two years’ experience in purchasing or logistics role
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience using an ERP system is highly regarded
- Ability to work alongside multiple departments
- Display high levels of attention to detail, time management and multi-tasking skills
If you believe you have what it takes and have been exposed to a purchasing focused role previously then we would love to hear from you!
If you feel you could be the right fit for those roles, please apply via the link or send us and email at email@example.com for more information. If you’re looking for a different role within our specialties and wish to engage our services, we’d love to hear from you. If you wish to discuss this role confidentially or other roles that we are currently recruiting for, please contact us on 03 9620 4000 or visit www.paceappointments.com.au. Note all applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
Pace (VIC) Pty Ltd are the experts when it comes to our four specialties: Manufacturing & Technical Operations, Procurement, Sales & Customer Service and Supply Chain & Logistics. Founded in 1990, we have over 30 years of proven success in placing candidates in exciting and relevant roles. Our team is dedicated to working with forward-thinking and inclusive workplaces to find them top talent.
professional and consultative excellence