Purchasing & Planning Lead
- Posted: 10/13/2021
- Ref No: 785803
- Melb - North West Suburbs
- North-West Melbourne location
- Proven purchasing and forecasting knowledge (3 years minimum)
- Successful and rapidly growing private business
Our client is an importer of consumer products with a name that is recognised across major retail stores both nationally and internationally. With an increasing portfolio of product lines leading their respective categories, they are now seeking two experienced and dynamic individuals with a background in FMCG/ Retail and/or Consumer Product to join their friendly and committed team in Purchasing and Planning Lead role. You will be working in a fast-paced environment drawing on your already well-honed skills in a similar role.
Reporting to the Global Demand Planner, you will take full responsibility for the managing purchasing for the Global Accounts, forecasting, and scheduling. Your role will be to take full ownership of the planning cycle including continuous improvement for those clients. Your day-to-day responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Liaising with your customer portfolio ensuring that third party factories will meet client demand
- Managing, Analysis and review forecasts and provide forecast accuracy reports
- Issuing and managing purchase orders
- Building strong mutually beneficial process and relationships with suppliers
- Liaison between supplier and stakeholder
- Understanding the specific needs of each customer within your portfolio noting these will be a mix of domestic and international retailers
What you bring
- 3+ years prior experience in Purchasing and Supply Planning roles
- Strong problem solving, decision-making & negotiation skills
- Previous experience in a consumer product business (retail or wholesale environment)
- Experience in dealing with overseas suppliers
- Experience working with Pronto or any ERP systems
- Previous experience dealing with overseas retail customers would be highly regarded
If you are a well-experienced, enthusiastic, and solutions focused individual then we want to hear from you!
If you feel you could be the right fit for those roles, please apply via the link or send us and email at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. If you’re looking for a different role within our specialties and wish to engage our services, we’d love to hear from you. If you wish to discuss this role confidentially or other roles that we are currently recruiting for, please contact us on 03 9620 4000 or visit www.paceappointments.com.au. Note all applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
Pace (VIC) Pty Ltd are the experts when it comes to our four specialties: Manufacturing & Technical Operations, Procurement, Sales & Customer Service and Supply Chain & Logistics. Founded in 1990, we have over 30 years of proven success in placing candidates in exciting and relevant roles. Our team is dedicated to working with forward-thinking and inclusive workplaces to find them top talent.
professional and consultative excellence