Quality Assurance Manager
- Posted: 6/30/2020
- Ref No: CBD5208
- Melb - Western Suburbs
- Immediate start on offer
- Meat / dairy / agri / food experience necessary
- Western suburbs location
Our client comes from humble beginnings and has established themselves as an innovative and reputable family owned business that is committed to delivering the highest quality products to their domestic and international customers. Committed to sourcing the very best Australian raw ingredients, they have created strong relationships with independent and major retailers and bring a diverse offering of products to their end consumers.
They are currently seeking a qualified and experienced Quality Assurance Manager to join their growing team. Leading a small team of three, you will be required to ensure that all raw materials and final products meet quality and production standards and specifications. Essential to the role are the following points of experience:
- A strong understanding of relevant legislation and external quality audit systems. Further to that, ensuring that all manufacturing processes exceed quality expectations and developing / implementing strategies as necessary.
- Maintaining a strong and accurate record of Quality Assurance whereby internal audits are actioned regularly, overseeing and assisting with external auditing processes and developing the QMS with further improvements.
- People management and senior management reporting. Monitoring employee performance, undertaking skill gap analysis and ensuring the team meets key KPIs.
- Continued forward thinking strategy planning to keep in line with changing standards and legislation.
- Overlooking new product development projects so that nutritional ingredients, allergen and declarations on packaging are accurate and informative. Assist with testing validation and ensure raw materials meet specifications.
- COA management and supplier auditing as required.
To be considered for this role you must have:
- Minimum 3 years QA Management experience within the food industry.
- Strong direct experience with retailer QA programs (e.g. Woolworths, Coles, Aldi).
- Experience directly managing external audit processes to GFSI standards and CARs.
- Flexibility with start and finish times.
- Strong people management and reporting skills proven through working in a previous position.
- Knowledge of QA programs (HACCAP, auditing).
- Excellent business acumen including IT skills, problem solving, communication skills, enthusiasm, attention to detail and ability to work within a team.
- Tertiary qualifications preferred.
If you feel you are the right person for this role and you have management level experience in an Food / FMCG environment then hit the apply button or send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
professional and consultative excellence