Senior Customer Service - International Freight Forwarder
- Posted: 7/12/2017
- Ref No: BNE1290
- Brisbane - All
- Successful freight and logistics provider with extensive worldwide network
- Positive and professional team environment
- Client interaction, personalised service
This well respected international freight and logistics company believes in offering the best service possible when it comes to their valued clients. With a well-established overseas network and a team of dedicated professionals they have gained a reputation as one of the best in their specialised field.
An exciting opportunity is now available for an industry professional with superior Customer Service skills to join their dynamic team. Reporting to the Operations Manager, you will work closely with Operations, Sales & Management to ensure the highest level of Customer Service.
Managing a portfolio of their valued clients, responsibilities will include:
- Ensure ongoing and consistent client satisfaction through effective and efficient management of customer enquiries
- Establish and maintain rapport and long term sustainable partnerships with all customers and key stakeholders
- Prompt attention to customer quotes
- Liaising with Shipping Lines / Airlines to request rate and service information
- Organising, tracking and tracing shipments
- Daily correspondence with overseas agent/offices and clients regarding order status and requirements
- Maintain client SOP’s, ensure correct rates applied
- Creating invoices, finalising profits & margins
- Monthly / weekly reporting to management and key customers
- Maintain accurate details on company database – including: customer details, shipping companies, suppliers, etc.
And of course, general client account management and customer service - ensuring your clients are well looked after, their expectations met and any problems solved promptly.
Ideally you will have a minimum of 2-3 years’ recent experience within the international freight forwarding industry in a Customer Service capacity with a solid background in operations and strong airfreight / seafreight knowledge. Professional presentation, effective communication, high level of customer service and problem-solving skills are essential for this role.
Ultimately you will have the capacity to think on your feet and problem solve, and always have your clients’ interest at heart.
In return our client offers a stable, professional working environment and encourages internal promotions and cross training to individuals who are looking for the opportunity to develop their career.
Interested? Please give Melinda Butts a call on 07 3630 2300 or alternatively email your CV to email@example.com
Pace Appointments (Qld) Pty Ltd is a specialist recruitment solutions provider to the Procurement, Contracts, Supply Chain, Logistics, Freight Forwarding, Customs, Shipping, Manufacturing, Import/ Export, Purchasing, Mining and Resource Sectors
Please note only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
professional and consultative excellence