Warehouse and Transport Supervisor – International Freight Forwarding Sector
- Posted: 9/16/2019
- Ref No: BNE1937
- Brisbane - All
- Leading freight and logistics provider with experienced and stable team
- Fast paced role with warehousing and distribution focus
- Immediate start, convenient north side location
Our client is a successful international freight and logistics provider who continue to grow from strength to strength. Providing personalised door to door supply chain solutions to their global client base including air and sea freight forwarding, customs brokerage and consultancy, warehousing, transport and logistics, they have gained the reputation of being leaders in their field.
They are now seeking an experienced Warehouse and Transport Supervisor, to join their busy and efficient team on Brisbane’s north side.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, you will be responsible for the control of their bonded warehouse facility and 3pl logistics including storage, handling and distribution.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Control and supervision of storage, handling and distribution accounts
- Supervision and training of warehouse staff
- Control goods in the Air & Sea Freight Terminal as well as the free storage area
- Ensure bonded cargo is handled as per customs/AQIS requirements
- Arrange distribution of cargo as required by 3PL clients
- Maintain stock integrity through conducting physical stock takes and reporting damages, loss or shortage
- Obtain and prepare quotes for warehouse and distribution related functions
- Work closely with operational team members to ensure client needs are met
- Periodic invoicing through Cargowise software
- Process Creditors Invoices
- Prepare monthly statistics
- Prepare outgoing goods reports daily / weekly or as required
- Keep Warehouse in good order and condition
To be considered for this role you must be able to demonstrate / possess:
- Recent warehousing experience gained specifically within an international freight forwarding environment
- Knowledge of relevant freight forwarding logistics processes
- Effective team management and interpersonal skills
- Strong organisational skills, ability to multitask and able to meet deadlines
- OH&S knowledge and commitment
- Proficient with EDI / Cargowise
- Experienced with bondstore environment
- Current forklift licence / MR truck licence preferable
Interested? Please give Melinda Butts a call on 07 3630 2300 or alternatively email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Pace Appointments (Qld) Pty Ltd is a specialist recruitment solutions provider to the Procurement, Contracts, Supply Chain, Logistics, Freight Forwarding, Customs, Shipping, Manufacturing, Import/ Export, Purchasing, Mining and Resource Sectors.
Please note only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
professional and consultative excellence