Pace have partnered with an exciting service provider working on large scale capital projects. They are on the look-out for an experienced and driven Category Manager to fulfil an 18 month contract; the role does potential to go permanent for the right applicant. As a Category Manager, you will oversee a small team and work across the contract process, which includes drafting and negotiating contracts and ensuring adherence to company policies and procedures. The perfect candidate will possess in-depth knowledge of category management, procurement and contract management, along with exceptional communication and analytical abilities. Responsibilities:
In order to be considered for this role you will need:
- Develop and execute strategic plans for assigned product categories, in alignment with company goals and objectives;
- Conduct market research and analysis to identify trends, opportunities, and threats in the category;
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to ensure effective execution of category plans;
- Collaborate with stakeholders to drive optimal value;
- Monitor and analyse category performance metrics, and make recommendations for improvement;
- Negotiate and manage vendor relationships, including contract negotiations, pricing agreements, and supplier performance evaluation;
- Manage inventory levels and ensure timely and accurate forecasting;
- Create a process library to standardise workflows.
- Proven experience managing contracts in excess of $50m ideally within professional services, capital projects or technology;
- Strong knowledge of category management, processes, procedures, and best practices;
- An appetite for driving your role within a challenging, dynamic environment;
- Experience negotiating contracts and managing supplier relationships;
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills;
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and relationship-building skills;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
If you feel you could be the right fit for those roles, please apply via the link or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. If you’re looking for a different role within our specialties and wish to engage our services, we’d love to hear from you. If you wish to discuss this role confidentially or other roles that we are currently recruiting for, please contact us on 03 9620 4000 or visit www.paceappointments.com.au. Note all applications will be treated with the strictest confidence. Pace (VIC) Pty Ltd are the experts when it comes to our four specialties: Manufacturing & Technical Operations, Procurement, Sales & Customer Service and Supply Chain & Logistics. Founded in 1990, we have over 30 years of proven success in placing candidates in exciting and relevant roles. Our team is dedicated to working with forward-thinking and inclusive workplaces to find them top talent.
If you are interested in this role and have the relevant experience, apply now!