Our client is on the lookout for an experienced Warehouse Manager to lead their team in Melbourne's South East. This full-time role is for an experienced Manager of people who possesses a strong work ethic and can-do attitude.
By leading and motivating your high-performing team, this role is vital to the successful running of their local operations and the delivery of service excellence to their clients. You will be responsible for ensuring all warehouse operations run smoothly, leading the team on site in a safe, yet efficient manner, and ensuring compliance with company policies and procedures. Responsibilities:
- Lead a team to strategically manage warehouse operations in compliance with company's policies and procedures.
- Completes warehouse operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees, following up on work results.
- Initiate, coordinate and enforce optimal operational policies and procedures to maximise productivity.
- Manage warehouse equipment maintenance, including forklifts, AMR robots, and fencing.
- Improvement & development of warehouse and warehouse activities
- Set clear expectations, mentor, coach and manage team performance against KPIs.
- Manage and assist in the receipt, storage, dispatch, and distribution of stock.
- Manage and maintain standards of health and safety and security.
- Utilise company software program for efficient stock management and reporting.
- Develop and uphold KPIs to meet business requirements.
- Work in collaboration with Supply Chain Manager to meet deadlines and strict stock management controls, including stocktakes.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with all staff, clients, suppliers, and transport companies.
- Undertake training and other duties as required.
- Significant experience managing a Warehouse or Dispatch team
- Proven experience in effectively manage staff performance
- Expertise in warehouse management procedures and best practices
- Proven ability to implement process improvement initiatives
- Strong knowledge of warehousing Key Performance Indicators
- Practical experience with warehouse management software
- Practical experience with Automated Robotic Warehouse equipment preferred
- Intermediate computer capability
- Working knowledge of budgets, forecasting and metrics
- Experience implementing and supporting business practices growth
- Demonstrated commitment to Workplace Health & Safety within scope of the position to ensure a safe work environment and compliance with WH&S policy and procedures
- Forklift License
If you feel you could be the right fit for this role, please apply via the link or send us and email at email@example.com for more information. If you’re looking for a different role within our specialties and wish to engage our services, we’d love to hear from you. If you wish to discuss this role confidentially or other roles that we are currently recruiting for, please contact Max on 0411 317 503 or visit www.paceappointments.com.au. Note: all applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
Pace (VIC) Pty Ltd are the experts when it comes to our four specialties: Manufacturing & Technical Operations, Procurement, Sales & Customer Service and Supply Chain & Logistics. Founded in 1990, we have over 30 years of proven success in placing candidates in exciting and relevant roles. Our team is dedicated to working with forward-thinking and inclusive workplaces to find them top talent.
If you are interested in this role and have the relevant experience, apply now!