Pace Appointments have partnered with one of Australia's largest freight forwarders to recruit a newly created vacancy in their Tullamarine branch for a Warehouse Manager.
Engineered for a career Freight Forwarder, this role is based in an authorised Bonded facility. Day-to-day you will oversee operations of the warehouse, ensuring rosters and peak periods are met, customers expectation are exceeded whilst providing valuable support to a team of dedicated staff. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead and manage warehouse operations effectively
- Workforce planning - incl. Rosters and forecasting
- Mentor, train, and develop our talented team of 40-50
- Peak period optimisation
- Manage costings and optimize overseas profit calculations
- Ensure efficient documentation management
- Reporting and P&L
- Identify and enhance quality procedures, software, and training
- Nurturing client relationships
- Oversee employee inductions
- Streamline team priorities through effective delegation and organization
- Uphold a safe workplace environment
- Champion areas of improvement through strategic initiatives and changes
You are an established Warehouse Manager or Supervisor who has experience in Freight Forwarding, imports and exports and is commercially minded. You will have demonstrated leadership experience in freight forwarding, with a comprehensive understanding of operations, importing and exporting, perishables, customs, bonded warehousing.
- Have experience with direct and indirect reports
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Exceptional communication skills
- Proficient in negotiation
- Effective problem-solving abilities
- Maintain a positive and professional demeanour
- An inspiring mentor
- Proficient in delegation
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth
- Monday - Friday 8am-4:30pm - hours negotiable
- Salary and bonuses negotiable for the right candidate
: This position is only open to Australian residents.
Pace Appointments is not authorised to issue work permits/visas to non residents.
To apply, please phone Jo
on 0433 341 118
or email your resume to Jo@paceappointmentsvic.com.au
All applications are treated in complete confidence.
If you are interested in this role and have the relevant experience, apply now!